GPIT is firmly committed to protecting Your privacy and has thereby created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate GPIT’s commitment to privacy. The following shall help you to understand the procedure that GPIT undertakes to collect, use, and to safeguard Your personal information.
This website is owned and operated by Grameenphone IT Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Grameenphone IT” “GPIT” “gpit” “Site” “Web Site” “us” “we” or “our”) We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
When you use this website, we collect and store your personal information as provided by you. Our primary goal in doing so is to conduct internal research on your demography and interest to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience as well as to protect your interest. This allows us to provide services and features that are most likely to meet your needs, and to customize the web site to make your experience safer and easier. Importantly, we only collect personal information about and related to you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located anywhere under the custody of GPIT or its authorized vendor/supplier/service provider.
Use of Personal Information
GPIT collects and uses Your personal information to operate and improve its Web Site and services. These uses may include providing You with more effective customer service; making the Web Site and/or services easier to use by eliminating the need for You to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences
We may use your personal information to
- administer the website
- deliver ordered products, provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, securing payments against purchase, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience; detect and protect us against error
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare your submitted/tracked information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases and delete/bar the unauthenticated User IDs.
- Send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the Country. We may also share your personal information with:
- Relevant Members/Partners/Vendors/Payment Gateway/ Financial Institutes/Suppliers of GPIT to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, fund collection and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded products & services).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation.
- For any confidentiality agreement between GPIT website and any other organization, we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose necessary information.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
http://www.gpit.com/ including all its pages, contents, products, services and functionalities, is not targeted towards, nor intended for by anyone under the age of 18 (a minor). By registering to http://www.gpit.com/ for purchasing or using any product or service you hereby acknowledge that you are above or equal to 18 (eighteen) years of age.. http://www.gpit.com/ reserves the right to terminate your engagement at any time in the event that GPIT becomes aware that you are or were a minor when the product or service was subscribed.
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies:
A Cookie is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
GPIT analyzes it to determine what is most effective about the Site, to help GPIT to identify ways to improve it and to determine how it can tailor to make the Site more effective. GPIT may also use data for other purposes, which it would describe to You at the point of collection of the information.
You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report this website related spam, please forward this email to email@example.com. You can’t use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Your information is stored in a secured location. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Other web sites
Contacting the web site
Changes to Our Policy